Art Therapy & Diagnostics in Emotional & Neuro-Cognitive Conditions
Art Therapy can be defined as a form of expressive psychotherapy that utilizes a creative medium to allow an additional and alternate way for individuals to explore and/or understand their lives experiences in a safe and therapeutic environment. Art therapy uses a creative process of making art (e.g. drawings) to improve a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Neurocognitive Conditions involve information processing view of an individual's Psychological Functions (in Infancy, Toddler, Early Childhood, Elementary, Early Adolescence, Adolescence, Adulthood and the Elderly).
Some examples of Neurocognitive dysfunctions: Mild Cognitive Impairment, Dementia, Stroke, Epilepsy, Parkinson, ADHD, Trauma, Learning Disabilities, Anxiety Disorders, Mood Disorders, Addiction, etc.
Public lecture on Thursday September 22nd: This lecture allows those interested the opportunity to become acquainted with the meaning and contents of “Art Therapy & Diagnostics in Emotional and Neuro-Cognitive Conditions”.
Workshops Clinical and Educational Format: 23, 24, 25, September:
Who may apply to these Workshops?
Professionals in Mental Health, Education, Special needs, and Social services e.g.: Clinicians, Educators, Counselors, Legal Advisors, Lawyers, Therapists working with Adults and Children in Crisis, Therapist working with Prison Inmates, Psychologists, Social Workers, Professionals in Elderly Care (people with and without Dementia).
- Learn to detect and diagnose possible emotional disorders by understanding the therapeutic value of graphic expression in dementia and other neuro-cognitive disorders.
- Understand the significance of graphic symbols as a way to manifest emotional crises and pathologies.
- Develop a means of communication for the person in crisis who suffers a disease or syndrome, and who is unable to communicate verbally or who is well defended verbally.
- Encourage and facilitate expression without judgment.
- Utilize practical tools for clinical assessment.
- Work therapeutically departing from creative expression.
These intensive workshop formats and lecture will provide a stimulating, challenging and ultimately rewarding experience for everyone.